Date: 6/11/19 8:13 am
From: Beverly Propen via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] oranges and catbirds
6/11 Orange,
I have been putting out oranges to attract the Baltimore orioles I have
been hearing in my neighborhood.
But it seems that Catbirds really like the oranges too. The catbirds come
daily and devour the orange chunks I put out. No sign of the Orioles yet.
The turkey flock has downsized considerably. Instead of the 35 from this
winter, there are 3 Toms who frequently stop by. Including the regular
customers of chipping sparrows, 8 Blue Jays, Common grackles which decimate
my seed and suet, Cardinals, Catbirds, Cowbirds, Song sparrows, House
wrens, mourning doves, and others.
Bev Propen, Orange