Date: 6/11/19 7:43 am
From: Ken Hare <kmhare46...> [albirds] <albirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [ALBIRDS] Tip for those going to see the Limpkin in Chelsea
In case anyone prefers old-fashioned directions to GPS, here’s some I prepared for someone who requested it. The subdivision is just east of Chelsea on US 280. Look for a very tall clock tower. Ken W.’s post below takes care of those who use GPS.
——

Just keep following Chelsea Park Drive through two roundabouts and you’ll come to the lake on your right. Take the first right past the lake and you will see a place to park. If for some reason it is no longer there, you might check a second lake farther down Chelsea Park Drive. Go past the second lake and turn right on Chelsea Park Trail for a better view of the second lake. But all the sightings I’ve seen posted have been at the first lake you come to.
Good luck,
Ken
Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 11, 2019, at 6:53 AM, Ken Wills <Memontei...> [albirds] <albirds-noreply...> wrote:
>

> Hello all,
>
> For those going to see the Limpkin in Chelsea, Fairbank Way is a good GPS address to get you there. My ebird report said 201-223 Fairbank Way. There is a wide shoulder on this road and you can view the bird from here without even getting on the trails around the lake which are officially for residents only. While you are in the area and have the time , you may want to stretch your legs on the Dunnavant Valley Greenway Trail [900 - 6739] Dunnavant Valley Rd Birmingham AL which runs through some nice streamside upland hardwood forest and supports associated birds like Louisiana Water thrush.
> Enjoy and Conserve the Creation,
> Ken Wills
> For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life,---Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
> Mathew 6:25-26

Join us on Facebook!