Date: 6/11/19 5:56 am
From: Jeffrey Tufts <jctufts33...>
Subject: [Umpqua Birds] Re: [obol] Re: Umpqua Breeding Bird Survey 6/9/2019 / Grasshopper Sparrows
If by "western Oregon" you mean all of Oregon west of the Cascades, mention
should be made of the substantial Grasshopper Sparrow population at what is
known as the Imperatrice property. It's more than 800 acres owned by the
city of Ashland in Jackson County, and recent surveys have indicated that
there may be as any as a dozen breeding pairs of Grasshopper Sparrows
there.

Jeff Tufts
Medford

Join us on Facebook!