Date: 6/11/19 1:41 am
From: Steve Friend <sjfriend...> [AKBirding] <AKBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [AK Birding] Ancor Point, North Fork rd birds
Been a while for my list as I was gone for almost 2 months. Love hearing all the bird songs surrounding our home. Here is what I've been able to ID the last 2 days as seen or heard at our home above Anchor Point near North Fork rd, about mile 9,Sandhill CranesBald Eagles Ravens Canadian Jay'sJuncosLincoln Sparrow Golden-crownded Sparrow Ruby-crowned KingletsAlder Flycatcher Olive-sided Flycatcher Red-breasted Nuthatches Townsend WarblersYellow-rumped Warblers Orange-crowned Warblers Wilson's WarblersRobin'sVaried ThrushHermit ThrushSure I'm forgetting something here. Oh well, can't catch them all. Also a couple calls I've been unable to place yet (really need to get out my AK bird song CD again).Remarkably absent are the Snipes. Had a couple before I left but nothing seen or heard in 5 days since returning.Happy birdingSteve Friend, Anchor PointSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Join us on Facebook!