Date: 6/10/19 5:51 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Coos ‘N Curry 6/10/19
At Bandon Marsh early there were at least 8 Whimbrel this AM.

At Floras Lake at 0640 there were four low flying BLACK SWIFTS over the
parking lot. I checked the Coos record and we have had several records up
through the end of June. The mega-flights are earlier though in the latter
portion of May and June records tend to be single digit.

Jim Johnson’s catbird is the 3rd Curry record and the first spring one-
nice find Jim!! Perhaps it will stay for a while? Coos has had three spring
records, one for as long as nine days and of course there is the breeding
record from Lincoln County! I think the first coastal record was in Coos
back in 2005, so the catbird coastal connection is still a rather new
phenomenon- very cool!!!

Oh, 91F on the east side of Humbug Mtn on Hwy 101 around 2:30 this
afternoon when I was headed north unaware I had driven by a singing catbird
likely twice in one day!

Tim R
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!