Date: 6/9/19 5:37 pm
From: Mike Patterson <celata...>
Subject: [obol] Nicolai Mt Breeding Bird Survey - 2019
I ran the Nicolai Mt BBS this morning under beautiful conditions.
Species count was below average at 57. Most species typically seen
every year were within the standard deviation for average.

I have been doing this route for 30 years now and am obliged to
retire and (hopefully) hand it off to somebody younger. My hearing
is no longer what it used to be and I fear that if it hasn't already
affected by ability to detect some things it will in the near future and
the protocol deserves a set of unquestionably functional ears.

If the Nicolai Mt route seems like something someone might want to
take on, I would be happy to assist next year in the transitioning
process...

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR