Date: 6/9/19 9:44 am
From: Stanley C Stahl <000000ccb896003a-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Hooded Warbler, Lancaster County
Along Laurel Rd., 0.2 miles east of Fawn Hollow Rd. , I heard a singing Hooded Warbler. It was on, or near a fenced in area built to keep deer from browsing on new growth in the forest. A few years ago, a ground fire went through the area, and now, there is extensive sapling and shrub growth.  The fire destroyed a large striped maple tree that troubled me, but the new growth has apparently encouraged at least one singing Hooded Warbler to check it out. An Ovenbird was also singing, and a Blue Jay calling.

Stanley Stahl
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

Join us on Facebook!