Date: 6/9/19 9:06 am
From: Amy Henrici <henriciac...>
Subject: Juvenile Peregrine falcons at Tarentum Bridge, Allegheny County
This morning Pat and I checked on the peregrines at the Tarentum Bridge. Two juveniles were on the bridge pier. One was pecking at something, and the other was at first perched on a rail and then ran and flapped its wings, ending up on the upstream edge of the pier edge. It does not look ready to fly. While we looked for Bank swallows at the mouth of Bull Creek (unsuccessful), the second juvenile moved to the downstream edge of the pier. The parents did not appear until after I closed my ebird list. They swooped by, disappearing somewhere on the opposite side of the river.

Amy Henrici
Pat McShea

Sent from my iPad

Join us on Facebook!