Date: 6/6/19 6:25 pm
From: Ken or Carol Williams <kcwilliams...>
Subject: Skiatook BBS
Fellow Birders,

I did the Skiatook Breeding Bird Survey on June 1, 2019, and recorded 50
species and 459 individual birds on this years count. List below.

I have been doing this survey for 10 years and I got the route from Bob
Gard who did it for 10 years. The original observer was Aline Romero and
started the route in 1993.  Many of you may remember these birders.  The
reason I mention these other observers is that I am not going to be
doing the survey route next year.  The route starts west of Skiatook and
goes North and West towards Wynona for 25 miles.

If interested you must be able to hear and know the local bird songs.
Many of the birds observed on this route are heard and not always seen.
If any of you are interested in doing the route I can help you get
signed up, show you the route and help you get started.  If interested
email me and we can get you signed up for next year.  If more then one
person are interested, first one gets priority.

Ken Williams

Owasso

Northern Bobwhite Quail    19
Great Blue Heron    2