Date: 6/6/19 5:53 pm
From: Michael Hobbs <birdmarymoor...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2019-06-06
Tweets – we had lots of birders and a little rain, on a cool, cloudy morning. It was pretty birdy early, and lots of baby birds were out and about, but some species stayed frustratingly out of sight.

Highlights:
a.. Wood Duck – two clutches of small ducklings at the lake
b.. Rock Pigeon – one flew north – first since April for the Thursday walks
c.. Band-tailed Pigeon – quite a few, with some great looks
d.. BLACK SWIFT – 10 over the lake in the mizzle – First for us for 2019
e.. Spotted Sandpiper – one at the weir
f.. Western Wood-Pewee – several more than we’ve had so far in 2019
g.. Willow Flycatcher – ditto
h.. Northern Rough-winged Swallow – at least one at the weir
i.. Yellow-rumped Warbler – one singing (unseen) near mansion
Babies noted (or in some cases merely suspected) included Wood Duck, Mallard, Great Blue Heron (still in the nests), Barn Owl (heard in the windmill pre-dawn), Black-capped Chickadee, Bushtit, American Robin, European Starling, House Finch, Spotted Towhee, White-crowned Sparrow, Dark-eyed Junco, and Red-winged Blackbird.

Mammals today included Eastern Gray Squirrel, American Beaver, Muskrat, *many* Eastern Cottontail, Raccoon (new for 2019), and a recently deceased Townsend’s Mole (new for 2019).

Misses today included Green Heron, Red-tailed Hawk, Belted Kingfisher, Cliff Swallow, and Chestnut-backed Chickadee. Still, we managed 62 species for the day, with BLACK SWIFT the only addition to our 2019 list.

Oh, and we had a brief visit from old friend Ollie Oliver at the Rowing Club :)

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== <BirdMarymoor...>