Date: 6/6/19 5:37 pm
From: Nels Nelson <nelsnelson7...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Summer Tanager reported on eBird, near Hood River
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S57148436

I followed up on this RBA, hoping to re-locate the pair of Summer
Tanagers. However, no luck. I walked the narrow path completely around
the island and walked the Cottonwood covered section of trail twice, plus I
walked all the roads on the island. I used playback conservatively in the
areas with Cottonwood, but no sign of the Summer Tanagers. I spent just
over two hours there, so should have seen or heard them, but came up empty.
The steady wind could be a factor, but don't think so, as I did manage to
locate the oriole (with NO playback). My thoughts are they appear to have
moved on.

Nels Nelson
Hillsboro