Date: 6/6/19 4:11 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Coos Harris’s Sparrow 6/4/19
I checked on eBird and no other June records there. WA has two- one on
Tatoosh Island off Neah Bay from 2007 and one at Windust Park on same 4
June date from a few years back by Ryan Merrill. Both reports have great
descriptions but no photos.

There are two WT Sparrow records in Curry from 20 and 21 June in the
Handbook of OR Birds.

Tim Rodenkirk
Coos Bay

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 1:43 PM Aaron Skirvin <umatbirder...> wrote:

> Latest spring report of Harris's Sparrow in Umatilla County is May 5.
>
> Aaron Skirvin
>
> On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 1:16 PM Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
> wrote:
>
>> On eBird found a report of Harris’s Sparrow at Cape Arago on Tuesday by
>> MaryAnne Clayton with a photo- amazing! There are no other spring migrant
>> records for the county and most overwintering birds disappear in March. I
>> checked the Handbook of Oregon Birds by the illustrious Herlyn and
>> Contreras and the account mentions several records to late May but no June
>> records? Anyone know if there has been any other June records?
>>
>> I have never met the observer- what a cool find!
>>
>> Was out birding this AM but nothing out of ordinary, one RN Phalarope at
>> N Spit. A bazillion OC Warblers singing out near Cape Blanco but no RB
>> Grosbeak.
>>
>> Tim R
>> Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!