Date: 6/6/19 1:27 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Coos Harris’s Sparrow 6/4/19
There are no June records for Central Oregon that I know of. There are
only 3 records of Harris's Sparrow in Central Oregon from the month of
May.  At least two of the May records are dubious.

On 6/6/2019 1:15 PM, Tim Rodenkirk wrote:
> On eBird found a report of Harris’s Sparrow at Cape Arago on Tuesday
> by MaryAnne Clayton with a photo- amazing! There are no other spring
> migrant records for the county and most overwintering birds disappear
> in March.  I checked the Handbook of Oregon Birds by the illustrious
> Herlyn and Contreras and the account mentions several records to late
> May but no June records? Anyone know if there has been any other June
> records?
>
> I have never met the observer- what a cool find!
>
> Was out birding this AM but nothing out of ordinary, one RN Phalarope
> at N Spit. A bazillion OC Warblers singing out near Cape Blanco but no
> RB Grosbeak.
>
> Tim R
> Coos Bay

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
Prineville Bird Club
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,
Central Oregon Oregon Birding Site Guide
http://www.ecaudubon.org/birding-locations
Oregon County Checklists
http://www.ecaudubon.org/county-checklists

https://www.avg.com