Date: 6/6/19 8:44 am
From: Priscilla Sokolowski <priscillanhk...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Summer Tanager reported on eBird, near Hood River
Not since the ebird report, but back on June 1, there was a posting
in the facebook group "birdingoregon" in which a Stephanie Hazeem reported
seeing an "all red" bird near Eastport plaza in SE Portland. She wrote: "I
saw a very bright red bird in SE Portland by eastport plaza yesterday. (It
wasn't an escaped parrot.) By the time I got the walk to cross it had hid..
I know it wasn't a parrot or woodpecker it it was completely red... like,
Northern Cardinal red... I'm very frustrated that I couldn't get closer. He
def did a good job hiding".

There were 32 comments posted in which someone suggested a Cardinal and she
replied: "I know, there have only been a few documented cases here.. I'm
wondering if it was a summer tanager." Otherwise people suggested it was
possibly a Red Crossbill. and the discussion wound down with no
resolution.

Here is a link (I hope) to her post in the BirdingOregon facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/birdingoregon/permalink/871482413209981/

Priscilla Sokolowski