Date: 6/6/19 5:34 am
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Describing migrant shorebirds, was: Late Coos Shorebirds
I base my early and late records on years of shorebird data tracking, for
instance, with Red-necked Phalaropes are consistently seen year to year in
small numbers up through about the second week of June and birds then
generally are not seen again until late month when what I guess are south
bound birds appear in number. With several species early and late dates
don’t really work- especially with species that consistently appear
throughout June like Whimbrel. I keep track of early and late dates for
passerines in Coos also...

Tim

Join us on Facebook!