Date: 6/5/19 4:27 pm
From: David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Late Phalaropes & Loons arriving Pelicans
A Male RED-NECKED PHALAROPE flew into the freshwater legacy mill pond at
Neawanna Ecological Observatory in Seaside this morning of 05 June 2019 and
seems to be staging and feeding for the day. We're less than twenty days
out from when the first southbound shorebirds will arrive--usually between
the 16th and 19th of June, usually Western Sandpipers...

David

David C. Bailey
Seaside, Oregon

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019, 19:57 Roy Lowe <roy.loweiii...> wrote:

> Last Thursday (5/30), the male peregrine at the Yaquina Head nest site
> returned to the nest with an alternate plumage male red-necked phalarope.
> It seem quite late for this species, but today I saw a flock of 19
> red-necked phalaropes migrating north past Yaquina Head. On Sunday (6/2),
> I spent 2 hours on the deck at the seabird colony overlook at Yaquina Head
> and during the time ~200 Pacific loons in flocks up to 20 birds passed by
> headed north. This morning small flocks of brown pelicans were streaming
> past Depoe Bay. The numbers were small but this constituted the most
> pelicans I've seen in Lincoln County this year. There were also 3
> whimbrels on the beach south of Alsea Bay today.
>
> Roy

Join us on Facebook!