Date: 6/5/19 2:53 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Malheur update
The Ground Squirrel Gazette

June 5, 2019

The Waterthrush at Benson walk-in cooperated today. Not much other excitement. No reports of the F-glen mockingbird in last few days.

We are about to have a couple of days of cool and moist, we’ll see what that does to the migrant flow. Daytime high temps will drop by 20 degrees before inching up again over the weekend.

I am worried about the fire season out here. The long wet spring has resulted in astonishingly lush ground cover in many areas. It is going to dry out.

Mosquito Index is still mid-range except in favored sites at dusk. Benson Pond at 8:30 a.m. was only about a 4, not a serious problem, just a prep-and-swat as usual. Note that Benson is full of water again. The pond is the highest I have ever seen with water roaring through the overflow gate. The back trees are about half flooded.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com