Date: 6/5/19 10:14 am
From: David Vick <or.naturalist...>
Subject: [obol] PUMA in Florence
Not a big cat, little birds. I stopped by the Port of Siuslaw on the way
to camp outside of Yachats and was delightfully surprised to see Purple
Martins using every nest box on the old pilings there. Martins were also
nesting in the boxes by the pocket park in Old Town where an interpretive
sign called attention to them and other species. I am curious to know who
spearheaded this project because it was absolutely awesome to observe these
birds at such close range, especially since it was only last summer that I
got my lifer PUMA at Fern Ridge. A big shout out to those individuals that
made it happen and the birds thank you as well.

David Vick
Terrebonne

Join us on Facebook!