Date: 6/4/19 7:57 pm
From: Roy Lowe <roy.loweiii...>
Subject: [obol] Late Phalaropes & Loons arriving Pelicans
Last Thursday (5/30), the male peregrine at the Yaquina Head nest site
returned to the nest with an alternate plumage male red-necked phalarope.
It seem quite late for this species, but today I saw a flock of 19
red-necked phalaropes migrating north past Yaquina Head. On Sunday (6/2),
I spent 2 hours on the deck at the seabird colony overlook at Yaquina Head
and during the time ~200 Pacific loons in flocks up to 20 birds passed by
headed north. This morning small flocks of brown pelicans were streaming
past Depoe Bay. The numbers were small but this constituted the most
pelicans I've seen in Lincoln County this year. There were also 3
whimbrels on the beach south of Alsea Bay today.

Roy

Join us on Facebook!