Date: 6/3/19 9:02 pm
From: 'New_Oath Brand' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Magicicada
I have found half a dozen cicada shells in the past two weeks here in Rockville.  They are smaller than annual cicadas, which don't emerge here for another three weeks or so.  We see one or two most years.  The real 17 year emergence is a glorious din but the piles of shells start to stink after a while.  That's when to look for Mississippi Kites.
Paul O'BrienRockville, MD