Date: 6/3/19 8:04 pm
From: Ryan Tomazin <wvwarblers...>
Subject: Washington County - The Whips Continue at Hillman
For those who haven't gone out to Five Points Road at Hillman State Park for whip-poor-wills, you definitely need to take the time and do it. Michele Mannella and I went there this evening and were serenaded by a total of seven birds, plus a woodcock kept flying over in the twilight, making a few noises but nothing else. We saw one whip fly over to a new perch, but nothing like 10 days ago. However, they were close, and one was singing super-fast.

We also had Pine Warbler again, Red-breasted Nuthatch, plenty of Ovenbirds, Yellow-billed Cuckoos, Prairie Warblers, Blue-winged Warbler, Willow Flycatchers, White-eyed Vireos and more. 42 species between 7:09 and 9:41. COLD, too!

More audio will accompany my eBird checklist when I get around to it.

Cheers,

Ryan Tomazin - Bridgeville, PA

Join us on Facebook!