Date: 6/3/19 4:43 pm
From: Jimmy McMorran <Bigshell53...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Leucadia Rose-breasted Grosbeak (6/2/19)
Hi Birders,
A Black-headed/Rose-breasted Grosbeak was heard singing throughout the
morning in one of my neighbors yards on Sunday, June 2, 2019. I was never
able to locate it when I had time to search. Much later in the day while
folks were over for a BBQ the bird briefly appeared at one of my water
features and it was a male Rose-breasted Grosbeak! Needless to say I got
excited (perhaps over-excited) and folks got a life bird whether they
wanted to or not.
I wasn't prepared to document with a photo. A Willow Flycatcher also
stopped by my yard briefly for most to see.
Although the Rose-breasted Grosbeak is not a new yard bird, it's only the
second and always a welcomed treat. Willow Flycatchers visiting my yard are
annual but vary in numbers year-to-year.

Good Birding,
Jimmy McMorran
Leucadia, CA

View/Reply Online (#9699): https://groups.io/g/SanDiegoRegionBirding/message/9699
-=-=-
---<br />Please join us at the monthly meetings of San Diego Field Ornithologists (SDFO) at 6pm on the third Tuesday of every month in the Hoffman Room of The San Diego Foundation, 2508 Historic Decatur Rd., San Diego, CA 92106. Guests welcome, but membership encouraged for only $25 a year. <br />---
-=-=-

Join us on Facebook!