Date: 6/3/19 4:38 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Malheur update
The Ground Squirrel Gazette

June 3, 2019

Steady-state at HQ except for one very late Ruby-crowned Kinglet found by Jenna and Tyler from OSU, passing through in recovery from doing Oregon 2020 cells in scenic south Malheur County. The local gnatcatcher made a showing. Still plenty of tanagers but other migrants have tapered off to ones and twos.

I have the next three days off before my final weekend here and will go to Fields after HQ.

MI varies a lot now by site and time of day. Field Station, Benson, Page are all pretty serious, maybe a 7. HQ is that way only at dusk.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com