Date: 6/3/19 2:22 pm
From: Kelsey W. <kelseypsu...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Be cautious looking for BBWD @ Merritt Point.
While attemping to find the black-bellied whistling duck this afternoon at Merritt Point, I was approached by a man who was making small talk with me. I had met many birders this weekend there and thought nothing of it, though I was cautious. This man was then very forward with me and while he did not touch me, his comments and questions were very inappropriate. I left the conversation and went back to the fishing dock with the friendly folks fishing I was interacting with earlier until my friend joined me a short while later. I wanted to avoid going straight to my car.

I wanted to urge people, especially females going alone, to be cautious there. It left a bad taste in my mouth and wanted to remind people to always be aware.

The BBWD was across from the boat launch on private property napping with just its head visible in their yard.