Date: 6/3/19 1:33 pm
From: linda phelan thompson <lindaphelanlmt...>
Subject: [obol] Spring treats
Hello all,
I enjoyed the class, dinner with fellow members and the
Sunday Field Trip at the annual OBA meeting this weekend. The Yellow
Headed Blackbird at the VanPort Wetlands was my highlight, although the
Great Tailed Grackle was probably the star of the show.

I just had the immense treat of making it under Scholls
Ferry and over to the Greenway Park. I saw three CEDAR WAXWINGS, GADWALL
Ducklings!, a male CINNAMON TEAL and a pair of nesting GREEN HERONS. I'm
guessing one was flushed by a pair of walkers. I had never heard one
before. What a surprise to hear, then see that come flying out of the
greenery, to land right in front of me in clear view. A second one came
flying out, calling also, a few minutes later.

Subsequent to that I saw a flock of LESSER GOLDFINCHES in a
dead tree, and if that wasn't enough, as I was leaving, I started hearing a
BLACK HEADED GROSBEAK, which I successfully located nearby. I used to see
them the summer before last fairly regularly, but not last year. What a
treat basically right out my backyard!

Good Birding All, Linda, Tigard
--

*Linda Lee*