Date: 6/3/19 12:28 pm
From: Karen Garrett <kjgarrett84...>
Subject: Benton County hot spot
I've been sitting at the corner of Cowan Rd and E Insco Rd, Northeast of
XNA, seeing and hearing all manner of birds. I was looking for cooperative
Painted Buntings, but stopped to try to photograph the Bell's Vireo I was
hearing.. Since I stopped, I've ticked off the Vireo, Both Oriole species,
Dickvissel, Yellow-breasted Chats, Towhees, Indigos, Eastern Kingbirds,
Pewees, Meadowlarks, T Vultures, Carolina Wren, Cardinals, Field Sparrows,
Scissor-taileds, RB Woodpecker, and probably a couple of other things that
I have forgotten, like Goldfinches. I just realized that there is a huge
wild cherry tree here. Bingo! 45 minutes later, and I have yet to see
the blasted vireos. I think that they are in cahoots with the Cerulean
Warblers, birder-frustration-wise. Good birding, and not that hot.

Karen Garrett
Benton County, wondering if I would see the Vireos,if all of these other
birds weren't distracting me.

Join us on Facebook!