Date: 6/3/19 10:47 am
From: <lehman.paul...> via Groups.Io <lehman.paul=<verizon.net...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Horned Grebe
A very unseasonal, partial-alternate HORNED GREBE was on south San Diego
Bay this morning, Monday the 3rd, straight west off the J Street/Marina
Parkway parking lot. This may be only the third summer-season record for
the county. A continuing "Black" Brant on the mudflats there is likely
attempting to summer locally. At the saltworks, a count of 7
basic-plumaged Ruddy Turnstones is fairly good for June. A
basic-plumaged Common Loon off the I.B. Pier is presumably summering,
and a continuing Pelagic Cormorant there would be typical at other times
of the year but is somewhat unusual for summer there. As for landbird
migrants in the I.B. area today, there was a Willow Flycatcher and 2
Western Wood-Pewees.

--Paul Lehman, San Diego

View/Reply Online (#9698): https://groups.io/g/SanDiegoRegionBirding/message/9698
-=-=-
---
Please join us at the monthly meetings of San Diego Field Ornithologists (SDFO) at 6pm on the third Tuesday of every month in the Hoffman Room of The San Diego Foundation, 2508 Historic Decatur Rd., San Diego, CA 92106. Guests welcome, but membership encouraged for only $25 a year.
---
-=-=-

Join us on Facebook!