Date: 6/2/19 8:34 pm
From: Jared Del Rosso <jared.delrosso...>
Subject: [cobirds] Common Nighthawks! - Centennial (Arapahoe)
Around the last week of May, I start listening and watching for Common
Nighthawks at dusk from my west Centennial yard in Arapahoe County. This
year, I had a nighthawk on May 22 (my earliest in four springs at my
house), May 23, 26, 29, and June 1. I saw the bird on the 22nd, 26th, and
29th. All were flying westish, toward University Ave & deKoevend Park.

Tonight, I decided to look around the neighborhood for these birds. At
Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, I heard one. Over the entrance of the High
Line Canal Trail off Orchard Rd, I counted 14, headed west-northwest,
flying relatively low and silently. On my way home, I spotted two low over
my neighborhood and, later on the walk, one (perhaps part of that initial
"pair").

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO