Date: 6/2/19 4:11 pm
From: Dan Cunkelman <dancunkelman...>
Subject: Indiana County unusuals
I stopped at MacDonalds in Blairsville (Burrell Twp, Indiana Co) this morning and observed 2 juvenile Ring-billed Gulls in the parking lot. Seems a bit late for migration, but the Conemaugh River Lake is high due to all the rain. They were in the driving lane at the lower end. I watched a car trying to get past them and they refused to move. I think they were waiting the driver to pay a toll of French fries.

On the way home from Indiana this evening, I observed 2 Black Vultures feasting on road-fried groundhog. This was on Barclay Road, Conemaugh Twp, Indiana Co, about a mile from my house. BV’s are rare for us. One flew up and displayed the underside white wing patches. The other stayed to protect the meal. The black skin around the head and smaller size (compared to TV) were obvious identifiers.

Dan Cunkelman
Conemaugh Twp, Indiana Co

Sent from Dan Cunkelman's iPhone

Join us on Facebook!