Date: 6/2/19 3:44 pm
From: Paul Heveran <birdmeister.paul...>
Subject: Green Lane Reservoir, Montgomery County: 3,000+ shorebirds last night, Ring-necked Duck this morning
Hello PA Birders,

I had a very exciting, but also frustrating, evening at Church Rd last
night. I got there too late for the low shorebirds in good light, but I
still managed to see about 1,500 pass overhead and/or far out. I was able
to identify one group (250 or so) as Black-bellied Plovers. The rest were
so high up that they looked more like migrating Snow Goose flocks at times,
but with hundreds of tiny dots instead of a line of larger dots!

Here is my eBird checklist with details:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56978988

Jason Horn's checklist has a lot of different birds and more general
details: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56988678

This morning I was surprised by a drake Ring-necked Duck at Walt Rd.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56989442

Good birding,
Paul Heveran

Join us on Facebook!