Date: 6/1/19 6:59 pm
From: Jennifer Frost -Dunbarton <jennfrost67...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Recent trip to Northern CA-Birds sightings
I just returned from an extensive trip to see our son in Northern CA for
the first time.

I thought some might find my birding list interesting!

Acorn woodpeckers (my dream was to see one and I saw 3 in a cactus garden)
Allen's Hummingbird these and 3 other species of hummingbirds were
literally
swarming around noisily everywhere in the Golden Gate botanical
gardens.Magical
American Crow's abundant
American Goldfinch
American Robin's, everywhere
Anna's Hummingbird
Barn Swallows
Bewick's Wren
Black Crowned Night Heron, seen below a cliff in a tidal pool catching crabs
Black Phoebe
Brandt's Cormorant
Brown Pelicans very abundant, seen many times flying over the ocean
Bufflehead
Blue Heron
California Scrub Jay
California Towhee many with full grown babies, abundant in gardens.Not
timid
Canada Geese
Chestnut backed Chickadee
Cliff Swallows
Dark eyed, "Oregon" Junco's.noisy and abundant in many areas
Double Crested Cormorant
House Finches
Lazuli Bunting beautiful
Mallard Ducks ( first pair we saw where on a beach with Harbor seals!)
Oak Titmouse
Osprey
Pelagic Cormorant
Pigeon Guillemot's nesting in Cliff's at Point Lobos
Pygmy Nuthatch
Red tailed Hawks
Red winged Blackbird
Ruby Throated Hummingbird
Rufous Hummingbird
Sandhill Crane
Snowy Egret
Song Sparrows
Steller's Jay always try to steal your food!
Tree Swallows, abundant
Tricolored Blackbird
Turkey Vultures very abundant everywhere we went
Violet Green Swallows
Western Gulls many nesting on cliffs
Western Grebe
White Crowned Sparrows, singing their hearts out everywhere!
White tailed Kite

As I was not specifically birding (sightseeing activities with family)
I was thrilled to have been able to carve out opportunities to see and be
able to identify all of these, many lifers! I marvel at how much fun, easy
and exciting it is to bird everywhere you go.