Date: 6/1/19 6:32 pm
From: Wayne Hoffman <whoffman...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Fledgling Band-tailed Pigeon Pays a Visit
Hi -

Despite its fearless behavior your photo shows an adult Band-tailed Pigeon.  A juvenile would lack the white crescent on gthe back of the head, and the crinkly feathering on the back of the neck.  It woud have a fairly uniform gray head, neck, and back.

Wayne
On 5/31/2019 11:04:04 PM, JOHN S MC DONALD <bigrocketman...> wrote:
Yesterday, on May 30, I was sitting in my driveway, when a young Band-tailed Pigeon dropped down from a fir tree and landed just a few feet from me. It showed no fear. It later flew into my backyard and discovered my feeder. It came back again today. This is the first time I've seen one of this species near my home, in the SE corner of the main Willamette Valley. See a photo at the link below:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22121562@N00/47970117697/in/dateposted/ [https://www.flickr.com/photos/22121562@N00/47970117697/in/dateposted/]

Steve McDonald

http://flickr.com/photos/22121562@N00/
http://www.vimeo.com/user458315/videos