Date: 6/1/19 12:49 pm
From: erik.d.ostrander <erik.d.ostrander...>
Subject: [obol] Central Oregon (partial) trip report
This week Hannah and I were able to get away from the coast for a couple days and do a bit of exploring in Central Oregon. We had a fantastic time and got a chance to clean up on some pretty common Oregon birds we've never seen! On Thursday afternoon we left Cannon Beach headed to Sisters. Once there our first stop was Calliope Crossing which was full of birds and birders even though it was 5:45pm when we arrived. We very quickly got eyes on a male Calliope Hummingbird followed up by the leusistic Red-breasted Sapsucker nesting across the clearing.  And thanks to Steve and Judy got on a Hammond's Flycatcher. On Friday we headed out to Hatfield Lake to check out some waterfowl. Which were pretty numerous in species if not individuals. After spending some birding by car we ended up back at Calliope Crossing in our way back to the coast. Which landed us a a couple of cooperative Gray Flycatchers and an equally cooperative Black-headed Grosbeak. Our ebird lists can be found here:https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56917055https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56917636https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56931266https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56934692For more narrative on how our trip went Hannah and I will be talking about it in our next episode of "Hannah and Erik Go Birding" June 6th. Thank you,Erik Ostrander(503) <621-6170Erik.d.ostrander...>: Hannah and Erik Go BirdingManager at the Sea Breeze Court, home of the birder discount

Join us on Facebook!