Date: 6/1/19 10:57 am
From: Kojo Baidoo <baidookojo6...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Three Summer Tanagers/Mourning Warbler at Soldiers Delight
A nice morning at Soldiers Delight NEA yielded a singing male Mourning Warbler and not one, not two, but THREE Summer Tanagers! The warbler was on the Serpentine Trail, in the brush before the one open area with the small pines and the 'leaving Zone 6' signs. In terms of the tanagers... please bear with me, as I will try to describe the areas I saw/heard them the best I can but I'm not sure what to call them. I heard the first one on the Serpentine Trail, past the stream and over the two hills in the very open area before it becomes forest again. The second bird was heard when I was going back to the visitor center in the open area where the power lines/towers are, between the pine forest edge and the deciduous forest edge. Previous reports have talked about the "North power line cut", maybe this is that area? I heard another while in the same area in the aforementioned pine forest edge, but I think it was the first bird singing that I was hearing from its other side. The last bird was the only one seen, an unmistakable adult male that flew by the overlook from the Choate Mine Trail and momentarily perched in a tree.

For visuals and audio, IMG_8200 is the first bird singing. 8202 is the second bird I heard when going back to the visitor center. And lastly, the last bird, as I said before, was seen at the overlook which one would drive past before getting to the visitor center.

I'm really sorry that was so convoluted, I didn't know how else to explain it. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need any clarification and I will try my best to explain.

Good Birding,

Kojo Baidoo