Date: 5/31/19 7:50 pm
From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber...>
Subject: [wisb] American White Pelicans, Ruddy Turnstones and more at Sheboygan Lakefront, She. Co. 5/31/19, some images...
Hi all,
I made a run up to Sheboygan on Lake Michigan to see what birds are hanging
out. North Point had a few American White Pelicans on the rock, all that
remains of the once large rock point. A few pelicans also loafed on some of
the jetties at North Point there along with gulls. Some gulls were present
but nothing odd that I could come up with other than Bonaparte’s Gulls.
Probably 1,000 gulls were present out on the South Pier Boardwalk way out,
but with the bins nothing seemed interesting. The Deland Park pier
surprisingly had 3 Ruddy Turnstones and 10 Sanderlings feeding off the pier
and rocks present. For the most part the pelicans were just hanging out, I
did not see much feeding or interaction going on with them. It was a
gorgeous day out, full sun and a nice breeze.

A few images from the day at this link if you care to view them:

*http://www.windowtowildlife.com/american-white-pelicans-ruddy-turnstones-and-more-at-sheboygan-wisconsin-on-may-31-2019/
<http://www.windowtowildlife.com/american-white-pelicans-ruddy-turnstones-and-more-at-sheboygan-wisconsin-on-may-31-2019/>*

Thanks and good birding,

Jim Edlhuber