Date: 5/31/19 4:48 pm
From: Susie Ruby <seruby...>
Subject: Status of Oxley Nature Center and Redbud Valley Nature Preserve
Oxley and Redbud will remain closed till June 9. That could change and close for longer as staff deals with flood damage. It is unsafe to hike the trails. At the Oxley Nature Center, the boardwalk at Blackbird Marsh is destroyed. Along the Bird Creek trail you cannot find the trail. The loop of that trail will be closed permanently. At this time we are trying to wrap our brains around it. We will start having cleanup days very soon. Our part of Mohawk park is closed at this time.Redbud Valley's boardwalk is also damaged. Trail is washed out and the entry to the parking area has deep ruts. Just bear with us.

Susie Ruby,  MS Artist/Naturalist Scissortail Fine Arts Studio <scissortailfinearts46...> <seruby...>
"To keep every cog and wheel is the first precaution of intelligent tinkering.”--Aldo Leopold.

Join us on Facebook!