Date: 5/31/19 10:48 am
From: Deborah Grove <dsg4...>
Subject: Golden-winged Warbler Survey
Finished my second Golden-winged Warbler survey on State Game Lands 121 near Joller strip mines in Southern Huntingdon county. This is part of the Broad Top Coal Mine area and was originally strip-mined. Found 6 Golden-wings (visuals on 5) at 4 of the 5 sites I had to survey (1700-1800 feet in elevation).
Probably 2 to 3 more between sites. Also had other species (Towhee, Field Sparrow, Prairie Warbler) expected for this type of habitat, much like power line ROW except no destruction by herbicides. Lots of flowering plants and butterflies. Also heard one Chat.

--
Deborah Grove

Join us on Facebook!