Date: 5/31/19 10:24 am
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Larch Mtn (Mult. Co)road open to summit.
I believe it was closed all last summer due to the fire in the Gorge. No
fire damage visible from the road but se eral trailheads give access to the
burn.
Canada Jay and Sooty Grouse audible from summit parking. Her.it
Thrushes si ging, Hermit Warbler. An Audubon's Warbler singing in tenor had
me baffled for 20 minutes, hidden a few inches inside the"larch"(noble fir)
canopy. A female Rufous Hummer was all over the parking lot, then joined a
very greenbacked hummer up in the canopy. Greenie was slightly bigger , no
brown/buff visible at all, darl emerald on the back. I think of Calliope
being a cool green--suggesting lichens, somehow not grayish, and smaller of
course.

Join us on Facebook!