Date: 5/30/19 1:19 pm
From: Karen Holliday <ladyhawke1...>
Subject: ASCA's Saturday Field Trip On Schedule
This is to confirm that Saturday's ASCA field trip will take place, starting at Gillam Park.  I confirmed with Dan Scheiman that the paved trail and the unpaved upper trail at the park are not flooded.  The unpaved trail should be fairly dry.  We can also walk the trail behind the Audubon Center.  We should be able to check the Industrial Park area for Western Kingbirds.  However, the Terry Lock and Dam area is closed due to flooding.  Saturday's weather is predicted to be sunny with mild temperatures.  Looks like great birding weather so come join us!  Feel free to contact me off-list if you have any questions.  More information is below.
Karen HollidayASCA Field Trip CoordinatorLittle Rock/Pulaski County

June 1

Gillam Park and the Little Rock Audubon Center (LRAC)

Little Rock, Pulaski Co.

Due to weather, the May Birdathonactivities were postponed to June 1st and only 7 people showedup for the May field trip, so we are redoing the same trip route as one of the BirdLR Birdathonteams, a fun, friendly competition to raise money for bird conservation inArkansas, sponsored by Audubon Arkansas.  The ASCA team’s fundraising is to collectdonations based on per species seen or a straight contribution.  You can donate to the ASCA team by going to ar.audubon.organd clicking on the donate button.  Click onBirdathon for more information about the planned Bird Bash activities for June1st.  It will be a great dayto be outside enjoying nature!

Meet at 7:00 a.m. in GillamPark at the second parking lot.  Gillamhas great habitat for summering warblers and other species.  There will be moderate walking on fairlylevel, but possibly muddy trails.  Whenfinished at Gillam, we’ll drive to the LRAC and walk the wildlife observationtrail.  Last, we’ll head to IndustrialHarbor Road to look for nesting Western Kingbirds.  Bring water andsnacks, the trip can last into the early afternoon.  Wear sturdy walking shoes or hikingboots.

 Directions—GillamPark is in southeast Little Rock near the airport.  Address is 5300 Gillam Park Road, LittleRock.  Take I-30 West heading south fromLittle Rock.  Then exit onto I-440 goingtowards the airport.  Take Exit1-Springer Road.  At the bottom of theexit ramp, turn left onto Springer Road. Go approximately 1 mile to just past the LRAC.  Turn right onto Gillam Park Road.  Follow it into the park to the last parkinglot.

Join us on Facebook!