Date: 5/29/19 6:34 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Malheur update
The Ground Squirrel Gazette

May 29, 2019

A significant movement today of tanagers and vireos. Vjera and I went to the s end of the valley and found three Eastern Kingbirds in the Page Springs area; they have not been easy this year. We had no trouble with Bobolinks west of Diamond School but could not find Black-throated Sparrows at several stops.

It may be worth noting that an imm Broad-winged Hawk was photographed last week by Theresa Wicks not far north of the one that Barry McKenzie photographed near Page Springs two days ago. If this is the same bird, it might be settling in to the nice woodsy south end of the valley.

Weather is slowly improving and will be summerlike by next week.

MI: 4.5 and climbing....

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon