Date: 5/29/19 5:07 pm
From: Roy Gerig <roygerig...>
Subject: [obol] (Philomath SP) Wandering Tattlers are inland again
The last time I saw one inland was with Bill Tice and Don Albright in Mitch
Ratzlaff's water feature with a rock in his nicely manicured lawn in Dallas
OR, that was 15-20 years ago. The 2 WATAs at PPP were there this morning,
on the rocks by water in cell 1A. Suzanne a student of his said Doug
Robinson came up from a bio blitz in Lane just to see them a couple days
ago when she texted him, grousing all the way that they'll be gone by the
time I get there. No need for his pessimism, they have stayed 3-4 days now

On the way out I met Will Wright (it was unknown to me he just got back
from a trip and had not heard about the Tattlers). He asked what I had
seen. I said, Nothing much, a couple of Wandering Tattlers were near the
north end, no big deal. He looked at me, thinking I had finally gone
crazy, and I looked at him thinking we are not communicating here. I was
sure he'd seen them, or knew about them, but he hadn't. When he explained
that he had heard nothing about it till just then, I think we had a good
laugh.

There aren't many inland WATA sightings in Oregon, or anywhere, I would
think

Then I went east to Belts Rd south of Brownsville. It was noon and
everything quiet, I detected no Grasshopper or Vesper Sparrows. A WESTERN
KINGBIRD was in the area, otherwise mostly just a few SAVANNAH SPARROWS and
WESTERN MEADOWLARKS

Roy Gerig Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!