Date: 5/29/19 8:43 am
From: Dorsey, Kurk <Kurk.Dorsey...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Moore Fields and other Durham spots recently
Birders

A quick walk at Moore Fields today (NH 155A) turned up a very late pipit, way back near the end of the gravel road, as well as the kestrel in its usual perch, a bunch of bobolinks and savanna sparrows, a blue-winged warbler and a lone Least Sandpiper (my goal was to find shorebirds).

Recently we've had 1-2 Tennessee warblers singing in our yard 4 of the last 5 mornings (dueling banjos on Monday was the best). Yellow-billed cuckoo in the yard Sunday and Black-billed on Bennett Road Monday, and my favorite moment was getting all 4 wrens in about 20 minutes--Winter on Bennett Road, Carolina on Packers Falls Road, House and Marsh at the Surrey Lane marsh.

And just to remind me to always avoid looking at my desk, there was a female Black-throated blue outside my office on the 4th floor of Horton on campus.

Kurk Dorsey

Durham