Date: 5/29/19 8:23 am
From: Daniel Edelstein <danieledelstein...>
Subject: [wisb] 1) Erred & My Error: Wendy Schultz INITIALLY Observed The KY Warbler Near St. Croix River On Sunday 5/26/19; 2) eBird Records For KY Warbler In NW WI (LINK)
1) Sorry, Wendy:
I erred and (my sill) error…... so KUDOS from me and our 5/26/19 WSO birding group is noted here…..GREAT looks at this
wood-warbler species …..

…...Time Travel moment: felt like we were in Wyalusing State Park near Prairie du Chien along Long Valley Road where I
more TYPICALLY detect this often-low, skulking, covert wood-warbler that usually redacts itself from view (in my humble experience).

Details:

a) Many of you already know this wood-warbler sp. is in the northwest portion of its breeding territory when detected in WI….and eBird records
for its presence in WI are accessed via:

https://ebird.org/map/kenwar?neg=true&env.minX=&env.minY=&env.maxX=&env.maxY=&zhlse&gplse&ev=Z&mr=1-12&bmo=1&emo&yr=all&byr00&eyr 19 <https://ebird.org/map/kenwar?neg=true&env.minX=&env.minY=&env.maxX=&env.maxY=&zhlse&gplse&ev=Z&mr=1-12&bmo=1&emo&yr=all&byr00&eyr 19>

b) To see the location of Wendy’s 5/26/19 Jewel-Of-A-Find, go to the checklist that Dan Belter and Myles Hurlbert added to eBird via this latitude & longitude location on
Marine Lane near Osceola, WI at the above link:

Marine Ln, Osceola US-WI (45.2048,-92.7601)
St. Croix, US-WI

DATE # OBSERVER
2019-05-26 1 Dan Belter ChecklistN <https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S56800029>
2019-05-26 1 Myles Hurlburt ChecklistN <https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S56764000>
c) Interesting tangent:

May 21, 2010 eBird note sighting of KY Warbler in Upper Michigan by Ryne Rutherford: Amazing…(i.e., That one is a potential “overshoot”….wonder if the 5/21 time period allowed this individual
to head south again to more typical home range/breeding range (?).......Scroll upward to s. Upper Michigan at the above link to see this observation.

OK:
Now to go birding here in N. CA (Marin Co.)….I'm seeking the majestic Lazuli Bunting among other western neotropical migrants that nest here (25 miles north of SF and 20 miles west of
Point Reyes National Seashore)…Have camera, will travel…..

Regards to all,

Daniel Edelstein

Novato, CA 94949
(SF Bay Area)