Date: 5/29/19 4:30 am
From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber...>
Subject: [wisb] Painted Bunting (Late Post) Milwaukee east side, Baker residents, 5/24/19, some images...
Hi all, (Late Post)
David and Kimberly Baker contacted me when they had a male Painted Bunting
show up in their yard on Milwaukee’s east side May 24, 2019 at 7:30 am. The
bird hung around at their feeder for approximately 5 minutes, they captured
some photos. They never saw the bird return. I am posting their images and
story on my blog for short term as they do not have the capabilities to do
that. I thought they had great sighting and story to share to the birding
community. Even though this information is late getting out I think it is
exciting. Reason being, as it should be a state record, maybe the 5th
sighting in the state and the fact that 2 male Painted Buntings were seen
on opposite ends of the state of Wisconsin on the same date is amazing. A
big thank you to David and Kimberly for reaching out to share their story
to the birding community. This post is late getting out as there were some
email issues I had in contacting the home owners, sorry.

David and Kimberly's excellent images of the Painted Bunting at the link
below if you care to view them:

*http://www.windowtowildlife.com/painted-bunting-not-my-bird-or-photo-milwaukee-wisconsin-on-may-24-2019/
<http://www.windowtowildlife.com/painted-bunting-not-my-bird-or-photo-milwaukee-wisconsin-on-may-24-2019/>*

Thank you and good birding,