Date: 5/28/19 5:32 pm
From: Daniel Edelstein <danieledelstein...>
Subject: [wisb] Last Weekend's WSO Conference & The "American Birding Podcast"
NICE to see so many wonderful birding friends at the recent WSO conference in Altoona, WI.
Glorious “fallout” of diverse wood-warbler family species on Monday, Memorial Day, at forested habitat within Crex Meadows, Burnett Co.

Thanks to Jeff Baughman and Tom Schultz for EXCELLENT leading….Jeff heard and saw a CT Warbler in this habitat…and our group was
awe-struck by the abundance of wood-warbler species, often times appearing by the half-dozen within a few feet of each other for more than
an hour.

On Sunday, 5/26, our group saw thanks to Dan Belter a KENTUCKY WARBLER and a LA WATERTHRUSH in the St. Croix River.

In addition, thank you to all the WSO staff and volunteers: A-1, first-class effort and assistance. Appreciated.

Lastly:

I mentioned to my group that I co-led on a 5/28 with (the wonderful) Steve Betchkal the illuminating podcast produced by the American Birding Association
at its web site:

blog.aba.org <http://blog.aba.org/>

Click on the latest podcast on the top right at the above link.

Nate Swick, the podcast’s narrator, is a fantastic orator, interviewer, writer, ornithologist/birding guide, and, in addition, has a fine lilt of humor.

One recent podcast featured an interview with Kenn Kaufman.

All the archived shows are at the iTunes Store or Google Play.

Regards, Daniel

*

Daniel Edelstein

Novato, CA