Date: 5/28/19 4:51 pm
From: Meredith McBurney <Meredith.McBurney...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Chatfield, 5/28/19
Between a late start due to the overnight storm and an early close as the
rain threatened, we enjoyed a variety of spring birds with the Tuesday
Birders. Highlight was a female Chestnut-sided Warbler, caught in the last
run of the morning. 33 new birds:

Western Wood-pewee 1
Dusky Flycatcher 1
Cordilleran Flycatcher 1
Swainson's Thrush 2
Gray Catbird 4
Yellow Warbler 10 new, 1 banded 2017
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1
American Redstart 2
MacGillivray's Warbler 2
Common Yellowthroat 1
Wilson's Warbler 2
Yellow-breasted Chat 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 2
White-crowned Sparrow, Mountain 1
Bullock's Oriole 1

This is our last week; we will take down the station after banding on
Friday. We have organized groups coming our early Wednesday and Thursday
but no school groups later in the morning. We are opening nets at 6:30, and
most days have birds back at the station by 7:15. We aim
to close by noon most days, earlier if it is very hot, very cold, or very
windy.

Come visit during our last week!

Meredith McBurney
Bander