Date: 5/28/19 3:44 pm
From: Stefan Schlick <greenfant...>
Subject: [obol] Timber birds (Washington Co)
Ventured out into the Coast Range near Timber this morning. Looks like everybody except for Common Nighthawk has arrived. There is lots of singing!

Highlights were 3 hooters (Sooty Grouse) and 3 quorkers (Mountain Quail) between Timber and the summit of Round Top. Nice that both were still calling.

The Cochran Rd clearcut was very active. A Yellow-breasted Chat was a first for that location for me.

Canada Jay and Hairy Woodpecker were fun, but I missed Townsend's Solitaire. Good numbers of Macs (MacGillivray Warblers) and oodles of Hermit Warblers.

One American Bittern was booming at Killin Wetlands at around noon.

Stefan Schlick
Hillsboro, OR

Join us on Facebook!