Date: 5/28/19 6:23 am
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: a bit about a famous birder
I first heard of Guy when l was about 13, so he must be close to 90 years
old. That is inspiration enough. San Diego County is 4000 square miles, the
size of the state of Connecticut or the nation of Jamaica. When l was there
in 2007(SD co.)the county had a bird species record similar to Oregon, 500
and change. Oregon has a surface area 24.5 times bigger than San Diego
County if one ignores the offshore waters.

On Tue, May 28, 2019, 5:51 AM DJ Lauten and KACastelein <
<deweysage...> wrote:

> For those of you who have been around for a while, you will recognize this
> very famous birder. The accomplishment he just did is, well, rather mind
> blowing. So all you county listers, take hold of this, and weep knowing
> you will never have a chance to get anywhere close to this record:
>

> Hudsonian Godwit is still present off Robb Field at 4:15 p.m. With the
> tide now coming quite a ways in, it will loose a lot of the feeding areas
> in the next hour. Hopefully it will still be here tomorrow at low tide
> again...
>
> This is a first County record, and it is Guy McCaskie's 500th bird in the
> county!!!! Yeah, Guy!
>
> Paul Lehman, San Diego
>

> Yeah Guy INDEED!
>

> Cheers