Date: 5/28/19 3:28 am
From: Joyce Takamine <jabirujt...>
Subject: [cobirds] Miyake jima
We are on the ferry heading back to Tokyo at a snails pace because of
Trump. So we do not know
When we will be able to dock.

We were on the island from about 5:30 to 13;30.. it took about an hour for
Phil and Jun to get the cars. We basically birded a nature center and got
most of the birds there. Drove to a coastal spot for grasshopper warbler
and wood pigeon and tried to do pelagic birding but it was too windy so we
went back to the nature center and got a couple of birds that we missed
earlier. Tried to do some pelagic from the ferry but did not see much
variety.