Date: 5/27/19 6:15 pm
From: Jeanne-Marie Maher <jeannemariemaher...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Perfectly peaceful Pittsburg
Michael and I were fortunate to spend the weekend up on the Connecticut lakes, where there is still snow in spots and none of the usual roads are open. We got to hike in East Inlet, Scott's bog, Indian stream, etc. Things are in pretty bad shape so we improvised in other new and different areas (Nature Conservancy Hurlbert Swamp/Bog), and some hikes we never did before (the falls in the river). Had we known we would've taken mountain bikes up!
The birds are starting to come in, not in huge numbers but were great to see and it was so quiet. The only other folks there are fishermen. (No ATV's at all due to mud month)
Highlight was definitely finding 22 Brant on the first Connecticut lake last night while eating dinner, very distant but delightful.
With apologies I did not get another summer tanager, but mistyped the banding code. ( It was a scarlet Tanager.)
Go up, have fun before the crowds get there!

Jeanne-Marie Maher/Michael Pahl
Nashua/Jackson NH